Friday, November 30, 2012

Yeshua’s Kin-dom of Heaven, Chapter 17



[CS17:1-7] 1 So they bound Yeshua, led him away and handed him over to Pontius Pilatus. 2 On the way the Sadducees, chief priests and elders who were against him reviewed their plans. 3 They presented him to Pilatus and accused  him of many things. 4 They said he was guilty of sedition for preaching that he was the King of the Jews  and that he would reign over a restored Kingdom of Yisrael to rival Caesars. 5 They told Pilatus how Yeshua had been caught desecrating the sacrifice for Caesar that very day, which was an act of insurrection.

6 Pilatus said to Yeshua, “The penalty is death if you are found guilty of these charges. Do you have anything to say for yourself?”

7 Yeshua answered, “Most certainly I tell you, Pontius Pilatus, governor of Yehuda.
[Is3:13-15]
‘13 I stand up to accuse you! I stand to judge you Pilatus!
14 I will declare my judgment against you and your officers:
“It is you who have eaten up the vineyard.
The plunder of the poor is in your houses.
15 What do you mean that you crush my people,
and grind the faces of the poor?!’”

[CS17:8-10] 8  When Pilatus heard this he was outraged. 9 He had Yeshua flogged and handed him over to be executed by crucifixion. 10 It was the day before the Passover and two days before the Shabbat.

[Mk15:16-23xCS] 16 The soldiers led him away within the court, which is the Praetorium; and they called together the whole cohort. As was the custom for insurrectionists they dressed him as if he was an emperor since he dared challenge Caesar, then they mocked and tormented him. 17 They clothed him with purple, and weaving a crown of thorns, they put it on him. 18 They began to salute him, “Hail, King of the Jews!” 19 They struck his head with a reed, and spat on him, and bowing their knees, did homage to him. 20 When they had mocked him, they took the purple off of him, and put his own garments on him. They led him out to crucify him at dawn. 21 They compelled to bear his execution stake. 22 They brought him to the place called Gulgulta (Golgotha), which means “The place of a skull.” 23 They offered him wine mixed with myrrh to drink, but he didn’t take it.

[Mk15:24,26-27,29-35] 24 Crucifying him, they parted his garments among them, casting lots on them, what each should take. 26 The superscription of his accusation was written over him, “THE KING OF THE JEWS.” 27 With him they crucified two robbers; one on his right hand, and one on his left.

29 Those who passed by blasphemed him, wagging their heads, and saying, “Ha! You saved others, 30 save yourself, and come down from the cross!”

31 Likewise, also the chief priests mocking among themselves with the scribes said, “He saved others. He can’t save himself. 32 Let the Mashiah, the King of Yisrael, now come down from the cross, that we may see and trust him.”  Those who were crucified with him also insulted him.

[Mk15:40-41] 40 Watching from a distance were Miryam of Magdala, Shlomit the mother of Yaakov and Yohanan; Miryam the mother of Yohanan the younger and Yoses; 41 and many of the other women who had come up with him from the Galil to Yerushalayim.  

[CS17:11]  However, the twelve men students seeing him being lead out to be crucified became terrified and ran off to hide in a cave on the Har HaZeitim,.

[Jn19:25]  Then Yeshua’s mother, and his mother’s sister arrived, and Miryam of Magdala, who was his companion and the student he loved most, went to the base of the cross with them. 26 Therefore when Yeshua saw his mother, and the student whom he loved most standing there, he said to his mother, “Woman, behold your daughter!” 27 Then he said to his beloved companion, “Behold, your mother!” From that hour, Miryam of Magdala took her to her own home.

[Mk15:33-35xCS]  33 It was the day before the Passover Shabbat and 34 at three in the afternoon Yeshua cried with a loud voice, saying, “Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?” which is, Aramaic for, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” 35 Some of those who stood by, when they heard it, said, “Behold, he is calling Eliyahu.”

[CS17.13-14] 13 Miryam of Magdala cried out, “No! He’s praying the Psalm!” 14 And she continued the Psalm to finish it for him because he was too weak to do so himself and the other women joined her:

[Psalm22:1-5,7-11,22,24]
1 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from helping me, and from the words of my groaning?
2 My Mother, I cry in the daytime, but you don’t answer;
in the night season, and am not silent.

3 But you are the Holy One,
you who inhabit the praises of Yisrael.
4 Our ancestors trusted in you.
They trusted, and you delivered them.
5 They cried to you, and were delivered.
They trusted in you, and were not disappointed.

7 All those who see me mock me.
They insult me with their lips.
They shake their heads, saying,
8 “He trusts in the Holy One;
let her deliver him.
Let Shekhinah rescue him,
since she delights in him.”

9 But you brought me out of the womb.
You made me trust at my mother’s breasts.
10 I was thrown on you from my mother’s womb.
You are my God since my mother bore me.

11 Don’t be far from me, for trouble is near.
For there is no one to help.

19 Don’t be far off, Shekhinah.
You are my help: hurry to help me.

22 I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters.
Among the assembly, I will praise you.
24 For Shekhinah has not despised
nor abhorred the suffering of the afflicted,
Neither has she hidden her face from him;
but when he cried to her she heard.

[CS17.15] Not long after they had finished the psalm, Yeshua breathed his last with a loud cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment