Sunday, November 25, 2012

Yeshua’s Kin-dom of Heaven, Chapter 16

[CS16:1-3] 1 Then Yeshua went into the Holy Place of the Temple where the sacrifices are offered, followed by his students and a large crowd. The Sadducees entered after him in stealth hoping to trap him in something.

2 Ever since the time of Herod the Great (74-1 BCE), the chief priests had been offering sacrifices for Caesar and the Roman people twice a day. 3 Yeshua walked in to the sacrifice for Caesar and began to destroy the sacrifice saying to them,
“Have you not read the Psalm:
[Ps78.58-59xCS] 58 ‘For they provoked him to anger and moved him to jealousy with their engraved images. 59 When Adonai heard this, he was angry, and greatly abhorred Israel!'

[CS16:4-7] 4 The Sadducees who witnessed this were delighted because they had caught Yeshua in an act of treason and could present him to Pilatus for execution. 5 However, they stopped the Temple guard from arresting him at that time because they feared the crowds who followed him. 6 So they said, “We will wait and arrest him tonight when he is alone with his students.” 7 Yeshua overheard them say this as he was leaving and he knew his time had come.

[Mk14:10-11xCS] 10 Then one of crowd that followed Yeshua, no one knows who he was, went to the Sadducees to betray him to them. They were delighted to hear this and later it was said they promised to give him money. 11 So he agreed to lead them to him that night and to hand him over.

[Mk14:17-26xCS] 17 When it was evening Yeshua came with the seven women and twelve men students to an upper room. 18 That evening while they were reclining at the table eating, he said, “Most certainly I tell you, my hour has come. 19 Tonight I will be delivered over to the Sadducees and the Romans. 20 The Sadducees will accuse me of being a rebel and hand me over to the Roman governor for execution.”

21 They were saddened, and one by one they said to him, “Surely you don’t mean this Rabbi?”

22 While they were eating, Yeshua took bread, and said, "Blessed are you, O Adonai our Father, God of the universe, who has brought forth bread from the earth."  When he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his students, saying, “Take it; this is my body.”

23 Then he took a cup, and said, “Blessed are you, O Shekhinah our Mother, Holy Spirit of all creation, who has brought forth the fruit of the vine.”  When he had given thanks, he gave it to them, and they all drank from it. 24 “This is my blood which is poured out for all to enter the Kin-dom,” he said to them.

25 “Most certainly I tell you, I will not drink again from the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in the Kin-dom of Heaven. Do this to remember me until that day.”

[Jn13:4-5,12-17xCS] 4 After they had broken bread Yeshua arose from supper, and laid aside his outer garments  He took a towel, and wrapped the towel around his waist. 5 Then he poured water into a basin, and began to wash the students’ feet, and to wipe them with the towel that was wrapped around him. 12 So when he had washed their feet, put his outer garment back on, and sat down again, he said to them, “Do you know what I have done to you? 13 You call me, ‘Rabbi’ and ‘Master.’  You say so correctly, for so I am. 14 If I then, the Master and the Rabbi, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. 15 For I have given you an example, that you also should do as I have done to you. 16 Most certainly I tell you, a servant is not greater than their master, neither one who is sent greater than the one who sent them. 17 If you know these things, I say Adonai’s favor is with you if you do them.

When they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Har HaZeitim.

[Mk14:32–42xCS] 32 They came to a place which was named Gat Shmanim (Gethsemane). He said to his students, “Sit here, while I pray.” 33 He took with him Kefa, Toma and Miryam of Magdala, and began to be greatly troubled and distressed. 34 He said to them, “My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death. Stay here, and watch.”

35 He went forward a little, and fell on the ground, and prayed that, if it were possible, the hour might pass away from him. 36 He said, “Abba*,Father , all things are possible to you. Please remove this cup from me. However, not what I desire, but what you desire.” *(“Daddy”)

37 He came and found the men sleeping, but Miryam of Magdala was still awake and watching. 38 He told her, “Miryam you alone have been faithful and stayed awake with me. Watch and pray, that you and the others may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

39 Again he went away, and prayed. “Ima*, Mother,” he said “you can accomplish all things. Protect me from the dogs that come to encircle me. Yet if it must be, give me the strength to endure the trial.”  *(“Mommy”)

40 Again he returned, and found only Miryam awake. 41 He came the third time, and said to Kefa and Toma, “Wake up now, you’ve had your rest. It is enough. The hour has come. Behold, I am betrayed into the hands of sinners. 42 Arise, let us be going. Behold, he who betrays me is at hand.”

[Mk14:43-50xCS] 43 Immediately, while he was still speaking, his betrayer, one of the larger group that followed him, came—and with him a multitude with swords and clubs, from the chief priests, the Sadducees, and the elders.

44 Now he who betrayed him had given them a sign, saying, “Whomever I will kiss, that is he. Seize him, and lead him away safely.” 45 When he had come, immediately he came to him, and said, “Rabbi! Rabbi!” and kissed him. 46 They laid their hands on him, and seized him. 47 But a certain one of those who stood by drew his sword, and struck the servant of the high priest, and cut off his ear.

[Lk22:51]  But Yeshua answered, “No more of this!” And he touched the man’s ear and healed him.

[Mk14:48-50xCS] 48 Then he said, “Have you come out, as against a rebel leader, with swords and clubs to seize me? 49 I was daily with you in the temple teaching, and you didn’t arrest me.”

50 Then the twelve left him, and fled;. However, the seven led by Miryam of  Magdala protested  his arrest; but Yeshua told them they could do nothing to save him and to keep themselves at a safe distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment